- “Vampire Hypothesis: Is Vampirism Explained Through Homeostasis?”
Becka Woods presents an intriguing biological explanation for why some people feel the “need” to drink blood.
- “Staking the Vampire Hunter: Unraveling Sean Manchester’s Narratives”
Erin Chapman reveals how she unraveled more plot holes in Sean Manchester’s account of the Highgate Vampire case in this follow-up to “5 More Reasons Why a Wampyr Didn’t Walk in Highgate Cemetery” (May 27, 2015).
- “Monthly Digest: June 2015”
Featuring Andy Boylan’s review of Lisa Dominique Machat’s vampire novel debut, my chronicle of major changes to the Vamped website, Dax Stokes’ article on an upcoming vampire studies symposium, Boylan’s tribue to Christopher Lee, three articles covering Sean Manchester’s stoush with Ramsey Campbell, Trystan Swale’s review of Della Farrant’s debut book and Vamped’s appearance on a Brazilian vampire website.
- “Can You Get a Masters Degree in Vampire Studies?”
Erin Chapman seeks higher learning after stumbling upon “what may be the world’s first master’s degree in Vampire Studies.”
- “Interview with Trystan Swale, Highgate Vampire Blogger”
Erin Chapman interviews the blogger behind The Highgate Vampire, a website dedicated to unraveling the Highgate Vampire case.
- “A Virgin’s View on ‘Horror of Dracula’ ”
Erin Chapman shares her “virgin’s view” on the Hammer vampire movie classic, Dracula (1958)—best known by its American title, Horror of Dracula.
Most Popular Post of the Month
- “6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy an ‘Antique’ Vampire Killing Kit” (Oct. 31, 2014)
My article on “antique” vampire killing kits, supposedly made during the 19th century (but not really), broke the chart-topping spot held by Erin Chapman’s “Interview with the Vampirologist” (Aug. 17, 2014).